Our daughter spent time in Uganda last summer. She gave us this canvas picture for Christmas with a letter reflecting her thoughts from her trip to Africa. She shared-Paul speaks of “hoping” to see his fellow servants in Christ. The author of Hebrews describes it as his “anchor for the soul.” Luke writes of his desire, his hope, to see Jesus perform miracles. The book of Hosea speaks of making “the Valley of Achor (death), a door of hope.” All of these scriptures speak beautifully of this thing…HOPE. But I believe the Psalms most accurately and amazingly capture it in its truest sense. David constantly proclaims the hope that Jesus not only brings, but also is. She continued-While in Africa this past summer, I found the scripture above. I truly do not think any scripture has caused me such angst. The best way to describe it is this: Throughout the month I spent in Uganda, I had not ever questioned God more, but also had not seen Him more than I did there. Hopelessness seemed to run rampant. No amount of money, aid, books, or even prayer seemed to do enough to help them. Then , I would think back on this scripture…this real and true statement of HOPE. Just when I thought it all was hopeless, I would be reminded of this…The LORD has not forgotten about His people. So Neither must we.
I’m so thankful for God’s word and for this constant reminder hanging in our home, that we have this HOPE and NEED to share it with others!






Wow that scripture hit me hard! That is a PERFECT scripture of hope. Your daughter's words are so mature and thought-out, and also right-on! "The LORD has not forgotten about His people. So Neither must we." That is my favorite part! She understands the cry of the orphan... the cry of our Lord to serve the least of these. I am inspired by her!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
Blessings,
Shari Stroup
I was touched by your daughter's realizations. The more I go down this road to adoption, the more I realize that the only thing that will answer Psalm 9:18 is for the Lord Jesus to come back and to end this age. That is what I am giving my life to- all that will hasten the day of our Lord's return! Lord Jesus come quickly!
ReplyDelete