Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2+ months home update AND a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sis~from Hermela!

There have been lots of “firsts” for me over the last month, and many new experiences that I’ll forever treasure!

Bailey, our dog,  and I still have lots of adventures together!   My brother still joins me in “dressing up” and pretending and I discovered that ice cream on a cone is just as good as in a bowl!

All our pets are great!  I held our bunny, Snickers for the first time!

There’s lots of snow here in Ohio.  I built my first snowman and my family created their first ETHIOPIAN SNOWMAN!

There were more creations going on in the kitchen, as we made and decorated mini cakes.  We had lots of fun with the frosting!

I LOVE SWIMMING!  We went to the YMCA when it was closed!  Shhhhh!

My first time of many, at the YMCA! I can’t wait to go again.

I lost my first TOOTH and two minutes later, Bekah lost a tooth!  The tooth fairy was busy at our house! (Mom was glad my tooth finally came out because there was another one right behind it waiting to move forward.)

I watched my brothers playing lots of basketball. Luke played at the Y too!

I tried snowboarding on my brother’s board! I’ll have to try more of this next year, it was fun!  Even the boards without bindings, make great sleds.

I helped my brother clean off the snow on his car! Hi Josh!

It was great to see my Ethiopian friends on the computer.  The three siblings live in CA and are also from the Tigray Region. We had fun showing off our pets, dollies, remote car and just staring at each other giggling! I’m glad they are so happy and that they love their family too.

My brother, Luke is a great big brother. He lets me comb his hair and even try out my new headbands… Anything for a little bonding time!  In the next minute you can find us dressed in ball caps and running around the house with walkie talkies!  We also both love it when Dad and Dan let us borrow their ipod touch.

 

I went on my first field trip to the Playhouse Theatre to see Harold and the Purple Crayon.

George and I are still buds!  Isn’t he cute!

My first day at church was followed by an UNO (Unity of Northeast Ohio) worship night.  I like hearing my brother Josh sing, so I didn’t want to miss it!

I am so glad my family HEARD AND OBEYED God’s calling to “step forward and move into action” all the way to Ethiopia!

FINALLY, I want to wish my sister a very HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY wish! 

I love my big sister Bekah! She has shared her time, love, dolls and even half her bed, on those nights when I want to cuddle.  It hasn’t always been easy to deal with all the adjustments that have been part of welcoming me as her little sister.  (My mom says that God is growing and refining us all!) I’m learning what it’s like to be part of a family and am so glad God gave me you, as my sister!

Bekah is always there to pull me along, lift me up, or give me a hug.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS AND THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME!  You’re the best!

Thank you family for all you’ve done for me over the past 2+ months since I’ve been home!  I’m so thankful for your love and patience. 

So glad I HAVE YOU AND YOU HAVE ME!

4 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! Looks like you've all been having lots of fun together! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you, Erica and to have "found" your blog! I look forward to following your progress to your little one(s). So great to see all those donations being collected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh I love you and your beautiful family. it makes me so happy to see hermela fitting right in. such a beautiful girl. and thanks for the updates i love it.
    -beth swann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures and I love the life I can see in Hermela's eyes that is new, different and refreshed more and more with each passing month. Cannot WAIT to be home for the summer so that updated pictures of ALL of us can be added to the blog!
    Love you all so much and see you soon (kind of!) :)

    ReplyDelete