“I need confidence and courage to face the stuff life throws at me everyday. I need more than “well-wishes” and “pie-in-the-sky” motivational pep talks. I want a study, well-built foundation of truth to launch out in life from. I want real security and real power…and that only comes from REAL HOPE!”
I woke up this morning, the day after Easter, with a grateful heart for my husband, children, pastors and church family and with a renewed feeling of the true HOPE that I have in the resurrected Christ.
I love family life and all that God has blessed me with, but everyday trials, both big and small, can so often overwhelm me. I often need to be reminded of my source for wisdom and strength.
Good Friday’s message “The Foolishness of the Cross” from 1 Cor. 15:1-4 and 1 Cor. 1:18-25 again took me back to who I am in Christ and why I celebrate Easter Sunday!
The message reminded me of the power of the holy spirit within me and the desire I have to reach others with the true HOPE of the cross.
Five Ways the Cross is “foolish”-
1. Stop trusting in yourself (I am a created being, not God.)
2. Empty yourself (Everything I have, I have been given.
3. You can’t do it. cease striving-it’s already done-“It is finished”-I am the receiver.
4. Stop working and Rest (surrender-abiding-faith-belief)
5. Believe in your heart vs. seeing with my eyes.
Our message yesterday, Easter Sunday, was from 2 Corinthians 3:12-18, The Power of Real Hope. What is Hope Fulfilled? What Prevents Real Hope? What Creates Real Hope? and What Real Hope Creates! Real Hope creates-
1.Freedom
2.Transformation
3. Boldness
In verse 11, leading into our studied verses, we know that this hope is an abiding and permanent Gospel Hope that has certainty!
Thank you to our pastor for teaching and leading us to true understanding of His word. See here for the whole sermon (It usually take a few days before it’s available for listening.)
I want to be bolder in my faith!
I want to abide in Him ,who created me and knows me, more confidently!






Love this!!!!
ReplyDelete