All this computer “stuff” does not come very easily to me and so even once I got this blog up and rolling, I wasn’t sure how much time I wanted to invest in keeping it updated. After being inspired by a few other blogs, I decided that this could be a great place to share how God is working in our daily life as we travel this journey of adoption. I don’t want to shy away from writing in fear of not saying the right things, but instead rest in the fact that God could still use this to bless others. I also found out that you can get your blog made into books. I thought this was a great idea and future keepsake for our children. I am so excited to continue seeing how God uses this journey for His glory!
Our agency has a listserv for the families to communicate, share advice, pray for and encourage one another and update other families on their progress on the waitlist. In an earlier post a mom shared how she decided to pray the psalms with the new waitlist number she was given.
We are on the girl, boy and sibling list. The numbers are a bit deceiving, as our age parameters are 3-6 years old and many of the families ahead of us are requesting younger children. Our agency will not “disrupt the birth order” and many of the families also have young children.
I want this blog to be a place where I am held accountable to follow through with things He’s calling me to do. I’m so thankful for where God is challenging me and drawing me closer to Him!
JUNE NUMBERS
Psalm 46-(sibling)
With the challenges of the adoption process and future challenges of bringing home our new child(ren) this psalm is surely one to cling to and rest in! Verse 1 reminds us that “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble” In verse 10 I am reminded that despite the anguish I can feel about the hurting children in our world, He is in control. “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 76: (girl)
Verse 11: Make vows to the Lord your God and fulfill them;
Let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared. Our gift to God is to give him glory…to vow to the Lord that we are His!
Psalm 49 (boys)
DON’T TRUST IN WORLDLY POSSESSIONS
One of the few psalms written to instruct rather than to give praise. The end of James 1:27 states…to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. How can we hear God if we are so wrapped up in our comfort and what we think we need.
Praying that God continues to break my heart for what breaks His. This is why we as Christians should even be adopting and reaching out to the least of these. Yes, it is a good thing to do, even the eyes of the average American, but ultimately our motivation should be because it grieves God! This psalm reminds us to have treasure in heaven, we must place our faith in God, pledge ourselves to obey Him, and utilize our resources for the good of his kingdom!
JULY NUMBERS
Psalm 42- (sibling)
WOW! This is one of my favorite! For what do I thirst?
Before our decision to move ahead with our adoption, I realized that instead of praying for God to burden my husband’s heart to adopt, I needed to thirst for God and God alone. I also have prayed this psalm as I have felt so helpless over the plight of the orphan. We are reminded in verse 5 and again in verse 11 to put our HOPE in Him and His goodness.
Psalm 71 (girl)
A testimony of God’s faithfulness in our life! Reminding us in verse 3 that he is our ROCK , in verse 5 and 14 our HOPE, verse 7 our strong REFUGE, and in verse 19 the RIGHTEOUS ONE!
Psalm 45(boy)
“My heart overflows with a pleasing theme” The psalmist is saying; I'm so filled with the goodness of God. Worship is giving honor to God and it should be the spontaneous response of every believer to all the issues of life.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






It is good to put in all in the perspective of God's word. Our eyes are opened to His presence in the midst of it all. Thanks for sharing your numbers through the Psalms.
ReplyDeleteRuss
Hello Bennetts!!
ReplyDeleteWe are the Nelsons and are on AGCI's wait list for an infant boy. We are officially #46. We have a 2 year old boy we also adopted from Ethiopia through AGCI. I'm going to start praying the Psalms as well. What a great idea!! Many blessings on this journey.