This is the river part of the quilt, and although it is going to take me several days instead of one day, it has given me time to continually reflect on the living water, that even when things are difficult my supply needs to come from Christ and with Him all things are possible. God has been so faithful to us and for us and we are so richly blessed, not by monetary means but by having a loving wonderful Father. 5 years ago I had a husband, who was not saved, and now God has answered those prayers and Chris and I can pray together. What a wonderful blessing that is. My hands hurt already and although I am concerned about getting this done on time, I know God's timing is always perfect. I keep thinking about that little boy in the video who has such sheer joy and absolute elation over getting a pair of shoes, how can you not be humbled by that. (SEE VIDEO: http://www.allgodschildren.org/orphancare/hannahshope/ethiopia/) My heart goes out to them, but on the other hand I feel bad for us here as how many of us can say that we have experienced such elation and joy such as that, over something so simple as a pair of shoes, and yet isn't that how Christ wants us to be in our walk with him? I know this quilt will not be as beautiful as I would like or hope it to be, but I do hope it can bring someone some joy and maybe one day somehow someone can see what the meaning of the water is.As stated in the video, “Everyone doing a little…it’s amazing what we could do!” Please consider supporting our efforts to bring HOPE (TASFA) to the children of Hannah’s Hope by going to our 100 Wishes Quilt Project site. For as little as $5 you can be part of this project!http://www.onehundredgoodwishes.com/family/julieben7
Sorry to ramble, but I thought with as personal and loving as the quilt is it would be a disfavor not to share along the way. Thanks Shannon
Friday, October 15, 2010
The Heart of the Quilt!
This is one of the first emails Shannon sent me as she began her many hours of stitching the quilt.
posted by
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment