December 3, 2010 (3/12/2010)
We were thrilled to finally be on Ethiopian soil!! One dampening affect was the fatigue we were feeling upon arrival. This feeling was quickly overshadowed by the comforting site of Rick and Yoseph awaiting us at the airport! Yoseph’s big smile and the thought of Ethiopian coffee woke us right up…well almost!
The rest of the day was spent getting to the hotel, a couple hours of rest and then dinner with Rick, Yoseph and Ribka (Yoseph’s wife).

With only a few hours in Addis Ababa, Dick and I share these general impressions before trying to get some rest: traffic, nutty drivers, crowded, poor, dirty, dogs, Muslim call to worship over speakers, young mom begging in traffic with babe-heartbreaking, lots of Toyotas, hotel-Adot Tina, European folks with adopted children, simple dinner and wonderful fellowship…
(excerpt from Dick’s journal)
Many thoughts and feelings run through me when I journey to a new place. It’s just hard to believe that we are 1) in Africa, 2) attending a church planting meeting tomorrow, 3) adopting a daughter! Lord, I know you asked us to be expectant when we started this adoption and that our faith would be challenged, but the level of blessing, growth and maturity that you have shown us is beyond my earthly comprehension. I praise you for your beautiful plans and that your ways are so much higher than mine.Tomorrow morning we fly to Bahir Dar!
Finally, as I contemplate Deut. 14,15, I thank you for the burden you placed on Julie’s heart years ago and how that heaviness changed my life. Lord, in my flesh, I don’t want this burden, but bring it nonetheless that we may be abundantly blessed in all that we do. Bring the HOPE OF THE GOSPEL to the lost, the abandoned, the orphan, the hurting, the needy, and the hopeless…and make us an instrument of your peace.






No comments:
Post a Comment