Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just a few more June memories…

Before documenting our July vacation and BIRTHDAY, I realized that there were a few more June memories worthy of the future “blog to book .” Hermela AND her siblings are looking forward to having their own book to treasure!

Bek and Josh had their piano recital in June.  This was a fun year for Bekah, as she progressed with her skills.  She was the “most improved” for the year!  Keep up the hard work Bek.  Josh has really enjoyed learning more praise and worship music that he can sing along with.

(I didn’t get a good picture of Bekah, but have lots of video of her songs.)

Thanks Mrs. O for your dedication to your students.

Lots of rain…brought lots of puddle splashing fun…2011-07-54

and…a chance to learn Wii!!

6-12-2011

Luke and Hermela joined Abbey for a morning run and realized that sprinting the first quarter mile is not the way to go!

Picasa Content

2011-07-051

Whether they were dressed up as nerds, hippies, athletes or backwards, VBS was a lot of fun! 2011-07-052

VBS 2011 raised money to send braces to Ethiopia and China for children with club feet.  Check out “aiden's feet!”aidensfeetlogo

I hope to be part of delivering some of these braces to Ethiopia someday SOON!

I’ve  been reading the ordinary hear blog, and the experiences the two teams in Ethiopia are having. A recent post about serving the “street kids” in ET had a big impact on me.  THIS is what our daughter was saved from! This was her mother’s fear, when she brought her to the orphanage.

I look forward to seeing how our local churches can serve and show Christ’s love to these children in ET. Whether it be through needed aid, sponsorship of orphans and widows, or skills training, I know we’ll be moving forward…

because THERE IS HOPE!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about your family and seeing the pics! Great organization!!

    ReplyDelete