Saturday, January 14, 2012

Noteworthy November

Luke “Skywalker” Bennett got a new light saber for his birthday, which prompted the whole gang to engage in Star Wars battles…on the tramp!

11-8-2011

When asked where the other cookie tray was, I was invited out the front door to try one of these delicacies!  A little mud and fall colors make for some pretty mud pies. 

11-2-2011

As we travel through US History, the kids are being challenged to learn all the states, their capitals, and important facts/trivia.  It’s been fun for Hermela to “see” where some of her friends, from Hannah’s Hope in Ethiopia live now. 

11-10-2011

A highlight of the month was a night at the Ethiopian Restaurant with our pastor’s family!  He has traveled to ET various times and has such a heart for the beautiful people of Ethiopia.

11-12-2011

99% of the time, Luke and Hermela are buds!  :)  Whether it’s teaching her how to use the roller blades, that she found in a bin in the garage or untangling her kite in the backyard, he really loves being the BIG BRO!

11-13-2011

We’ve all enjoyed these backyard frequent visitors.  Where there’s a doe, there usually a buck close behind.  :) ‘s

11-29-20111

This little fawn surprised us one morning.  He was by our FRONT door eating some of the seed the birds left behind!

DSC06842-1 

This year’s tradition of making hard candy was even more memorable. 

11-27-2011

While in the house cleaning up. I thought I should check out the unusual “quietness” in the garag. I opened the door and heard Hermela say, “Look mommy, I’m white!”

DSC06874

The month ended with Hermela’s first Thanksgiving and a family full of gratitude for family, friends and good health!

1 comment:

  1. You have the sweetest family! :O) That last picture has me cracking up.. hehe!

    ReplyDelete