On the drive back from our New Year’s celebration with dear friends in Cincinnati, I had the chance to organize some of the last four months of photos. :) With the start up of schooling and other new routines, my “fun” computer time just didn’t happen.
As I look back at all these photos and list all the new things Hermela has experienced, I’m amazed at how resilient she has been AND how wonderfully she “fits” into our family!
We started the month with thank you cards/pictures for all the birthday blessings Hermela received.
Although she had been swimming throughout the summer, Hermela wasn’t too sure about taking swim lessons. She enjoys her free swim, after lessons, when she can just “play” in the water! Looking at these photos, from four months ago, I can now see such an improvement in her ability to swim a length of the pool using the front crawl! I’ll have to take some updated swimming photos to document the progress.
Way to go, Hermela!
September Rain…and then more rain…was the way we rolled this fall soccer season!
Big brothers Josh and Dan refereed another season while Big sister, Bekah, helped out in the concession stand.
I guess you know you’re still a kid, when all this rain = FUN!
The kids called us outside one afternoon to see their Wonder Pets’ skit…
”We’re not too and big and we’re not too tough, but when we work together, we’ve got the right stuff!” Yea!

I love it when I find the kids enjoying their reading time outside!
Our solar system project was our first school craft for the year!
Learning about the Monarch Butterfly at the Metro Parks was a fun first field trip!
I was partnered with the younger group and wasn’t able to get pictures of the other kids, but we all had a great day outdoors!
We said good bye to September with many questions about why and how leaves change color.
As Hermela continues to LIVE LIFE here in America with her family and new experiences, we are all seeing creation and all life has to offer, with “new eyes.” We’ve all learned appreciate the simple things in a whole new way!
As I look back at all these photos and list all the new things Hermela has experienced, I’m amazed at how resilient she has been AND how wonderfully she “fits” into our family!
We started the month with thank you cards/pictures for all the birthday blessings Hermela received.
Although she had been swimming throughout the summer, Hermela wasn’t too sure about taking swim lessons. She enjoys her free swim, after lessons, when she can just “play” in the water! Looking at these photos, from four months ago, I can now see such an improvement in her ability to swim a length of the pool using the front crawl! I’ll have to take some updated swimming photos to document the progress.
Way to go, Hermela!
September Rain…and then more rain…was the way we rolled this fall soccer season!
Big brothers Josh and Dan refereed another season while Big sister, Bekah, helped out in the concession stand.
I guess you know you’re still a kid, when all this rain = FUN!
The kids called us outside one afternoon to see their Wonder Pets’ skit…
”We’re not too and big and we’re not too tough, but when we work together, we’ve got the right stuff!” Yea!
I love it when I find the kids enjoying their reading time outside!
Our solar system project was our first school craft for the year!
Learning about the Monarch Butterfly at the Metro Parks was a fun first field trip!
I was partnered with the younger group and wasn’t able to get pictures of the other kids, but we all had a great day outdoors!
We said good bye to September with many questions about why and how leaves change color.
As Hermela continues to LIVE LIFE here in America with her family and new experiences, we are all seeing creation and all life has to offer, with “new eyes.” We’ve all learned appreciate the simple things in a whole new way!






Julie,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you posted. Hermela has grown so much! It's amazing how much all the kids have grown. It's fabulous to see her doing so well. Yes, it is refreshing to see the "little" things through their eyes.